Friday, October 9, 2015

this morning.

Good morning! Today I am coming to you from my old white laptop, and I have to say, it is bringing back some memories. When I started OT school, I had to get a new computer, because this one was lagging when I tried to perform certain required-by-school functions. We still kept this one, though, and Justin uses it mainly now. I guess the sentimental thing about this laptop is that it is the one I was using back in 2013 when I was on a blogging frenzy. And in 2012. And in 2011. This laptop has been to many, many coffee shops and libraries. It has accompanied me on many a blogging adventure, through link-ups and projects and pouring out my feelings. It's been lots of places with me. 

This morning I decided to take it easy and have some coffee while catching up on my favorite YouTube channels. My all-time favorite is, of course, Pretty Neat Living [blog & YouTube], whom I used to write about a lot when she was still posting under the Organized Jen moniker. It felt nice to just kick back on my couch and watch some videos, while enjoying the Fall decor that I bought yesterday, as well as a new brown sugar candle. Life feels really good in these little moments. 

I will be away during our anniversary this week, so tonight Justin and I are trying a new restaurant in celebration. I will share more about that next week - I'm excited! I can't believe that we will have been married three years this coming Tuesday, nor that we have been together for 10 years now. As I said before, life feels good in these moments. 

We had a big exam yesterday, and even though that was cause for a lot of stress, I enjoyed the time spent poring over notes and books with my friends as we studied. I don't deal well with stress at all, so it's beneficial for me to view the time leading up to something stress-inducing as a time to really get to know my fellow classmates and to revel in the experience of grad school together. Today, though, I am feeling a lot of relief now that the test is behind us, and I'm looking forward to using today to catch up on some things that need doing. 

I have been feeling, again, finally, what it feels like to have a running obsession, and I like it. It has taken me a long time [over a year] to really get back into the groove with running, but now I love it again. I've found that getting back into running after you've stopped is one of the hardest things to tackle. This gives me inspiration to keep up with it from here on out. I don't want to have to go through the struggle of building back up my endurance from square one again. I also don't want to stop feeling the feeling of completing a good run. So, therefore, I must keep running. And I will.

On that note, I am headed out for a quick run before I get on with the day's errands and to-dos. Here's to a productive, relaxing, satisfying day. Happy Friday!

--
siddathornton through the years:
2012 | 2011

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...