Sunday, October 25, 2015

the sunday currently, volume 112.



starbucks line selfie
the best fall candle
this bat looks like libby

Good morning & happy Sunday! I am excited this morning, because Justin is coming home! He has been away in our hometown since Thursday. One of our friends got married this weekend, and he was one of the groomsmen. I wish I could have been there! I am so glad he's coming back today. I'm tired of holding down the fort alone, and I miss him!

Other than that, today will be a day of studying, running/working out, and finishing up housework. I'm glad I've been productive this week, because it means I was able to get my house back in order and prepare for the school week ahead. 

Also: my apologies - everyone who linked up with last week's edition of The Sunday Currently did not get tweeted last week. I'll be back on schedule with Tuesday Tweets this week! 

On this productivity Sunday, I am currently...

reading power points, chapters in text books, and quiz questions. I have a test Monday morning! It shouldn't be too bad, but I like to be as prepared as possible. I feel pretty comfortable with the material, so we'll see how it goes. Ready to have it out of the way.
writing notes for the test. I bought some legal pads to make a study guide of sorts. Organizing material is one of the most important parts of studying for me. It helps me get even more familiar with the material than if I were to just read it. 
listening to a lot of Houndmouth lately. They have been my jam. You should check them out if you haven't heard them before. I mentioned them in my TSC post from a couple weeks ago. The album I've been listening to is their newest one, Little Neon Limelight.
thinking that I really wish I could have gone into town for the wedding yesterday, but with a test on Monday and the projects we currently have going on, it was best for me to stay put. I miss Shreveport, and I would have loved to see my parents.
smelling the Heritage Pumpkin candle that I got on Friday at Target. Love! This is one of my favorite candle scents ever. Kelsey got it for me as a gift for Christmas one year, and I've been hooked ever since.
wishing for patience, calmness, and motivation this week. Taking one day at a time is the key to not getting overwhelmed, I've found. Everything will get done, I've just got to put in the work and time.
hoping that the rest of this semester goes well. And also, that Thanksgiving this year will be as fun as it was last year!
wearing real clothes during the day, even if I don't have a reason to get dressed up, always makes me feel better. I need to remember that on my slow, lazy, tired mornings.
loving the nail polish Rebekah let me borrow. It's a sparkly reddish-orange - so perfect for October, especially Halloween week! Also loving the Halloween stickers I picked up yesterday at Harris Teeter - can't wait to decorate my new Lilly Pulitzer planner with them a little bit! I'm not a big decorator, but a few little stickers here and there can be fun and festive. Also loving? My new phone. I've been carrying around a phone with a cracked screen since June - it was nice to upgrade. 
wanting coffee, coffee, coffee! Let's get this day started! I'm ready to get things done. Also wanting? To decorate more for Christmas this year. I believe I talked a little bit about the fall decorations that I picked up a couple weeks ago in the dollar store. They are making me so happy! Hoping to continue this newfound nesting routine through the winter. 
needing a visit with my family. I am really missing them lately. I don't want to wait until Christmas!
feeling homesick, as you may have guessed from this week's needing. I also keep feeling little twinges of stress, but I will not let that overwhelm me. I'm keeping my cool, keeping things in perspective, and just doing the very best that I can. 
clicking the entire How Jen Does It playlist lately! I am slowly but surely making my way through all of her videos. Her videos have really been inspiring me to get my house together and stay on my routines. Thanks, Jen!

What are you doing? Link up and share below!


No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...