Wednesday, April 2, 2014

wilmington snapshot: a day downtown.

A few Saturdays ago, after I dropped Justin off at the airport, I found myself with an entire day ahead of me. I had previously had plans to venture downtown to check out The Cotton Exchange's Mardi Gras celebration, and that is exactly what I did.

It was quite a gloomy day, but the streets were still bustling, despite the somewhat chilly temps. I love spending time in downtown Wilmington, and in the photos below, you'll see some of its charm, I'm sure.

I've greatly missed my consistent snapshot series posts, and I hope this one is the beginning of bringing them back full-force! I'm also planning to add a new type of photo post, which I think I'll be calling my "Photo Diaries," into the mix soon. So, be on the lookout!

Have you ever been to Wilmington? What about other areas of North Carolina? It really is a state that possesses a lot of natural beauty, isn't it?

[Photos: Mardi Gras in Wilmington | Nikon]

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

I've never been to Wilmington...it looks intriguing that is for sure!! You did a delightful job of capturing it =)

siddathornton said...

Wilmington is my favorite! I have got to get back there soon.

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...