Tuesday, March 4, 2014

off to breckenridge! | my first ever ski trip.

I'm sitting here in our apartment, about to have dinner, and I am a ball of nerves, as I usually am before I travel. The nerves, however, are intermixed with extreme excitement, because by the time you are reading this, I will have begun traveling to Breckenridge, where I will be snow skiing for the first time ever!

I know the posts around here have been few and far between lately, but please know that I have been dreaming up some interesting things to write about. Also, there is another redesign in the future, as well as some other possible changes. It's still a little unclear when these changes will be happening, but as far as writing more often, I plan to get back into the more consistent swing of things very soon.

Depending on my Internet availability at our vacation house, I may have a few new posts up in the next couple of days. If not, of course you can expect to see The Sunday Currently here on Sunday. Then, the following week should have a wealth of posting happening. 

Thank you for sticking with me, even during the dry spells in this space. You all continue to amaze me with your kind comments and unfailing support. 

Have any of you been snow skiing before? Any advice for this newbie? Please do share your tips and tricks for staying on your feet. I feel like I'm going to be spending a lot of time falling down and getting back up again...

6 comments:

siddathornton said...

Ohhhh skiing is so fun! Just be prepared to be a little frustrated and REALLY sore :-) Also, don't be afraid to point your skis down the mountain!

siddathornton said...

Have fun and be safe! I grew up skiing- you will love it! Just remember to point your toes so the skis form a pizza. And never go STRAIGHT down the mountain. Make giant turns back and forth from one side of the slope to the other side of the slope. You will have a BLAST!

siddathornton said...

I was absolutely awful at it! Haha, it was a sight to see, I'm sure. I'll definitely be taking a lesson next time.

siddathornton said...

Oh, how I wish I would have had your skill. I only went down the mountain once, and I fell approximately five times. I did the pizza, but I just couldn't get the turns down. Next time we go, I'm going to take a lesson, because on one of my falls, I twisted both of my knees. Ouch! I loved Breckenridge , though!

siddathornton said...

I was definitely frustrated, and definitely sore! I'm looking forward to going again, when I plan to take a lesson.

siddathornton said...

Lessons really are key. I think my parents made me take a lesson EACH time we went on a ski trip. I hope you are recovering well! I blew my knee out skiing in college and so I know that those falls can be quite painful. :)

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...