Friday, February 28, 2014

love lists: february 2014.

February, oh February... it has definitely been a bit trying. But that doesn't mean I didn't find some things to get excited about during its cold, gray days. From the Winter Olympics, to one major fitness motivator, to organizational tools... I think I have all the bases covered in my February 2014 favorites.

favorites | february 2014.


1. L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude. I love color-rich lip balms, and that's exactly what this is. I chose the nude color on the recommendation of Jen's 2013 Beauty All-Stars round-up, and I love it, because it's so easy to wear, while also perking up my look a bit, which is especially great for simple makeup days.
2. Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Pinkberry. My mom gave me her sample tube of this shade when I was visiting over Christmas, and I have loved it ever since. Another nude - this one, as the name implies, a flattering pinky hue - this shade is easy to wear and one I have been reaching for often.
3. Sharpie Pens. I love handwriting, pens, paper, & fresh new journals. They're kind of my thing. And the discovery of my love for Sharpie pens happened over the summer. Couple that love with a stumbled-upon deal at Staples, and a slight obsession was born. Right now, I'm using a collection of different hues to color-code my Organizational Suite (which I'll soon be writing about... finally). I just love the way these things write.
4. Sex & the City. Ok, so I'm not totallyyyyyy in love with this series like I thought I was going to be. BUT, Justin and I did spend a large portion of this month going through all of the episodes. Neither of us had ever watched them before, so it was nice to finally have the whole story together. Maybe this is a weird thing to say, but I think I like the movies better. A breakthrough realization DID come out of this viewing, however: Miranda is, by far, my favorite character. She is hilarious.
5. The Winter Olympics. Need I say more? I am already feeling lonesome for dinner eaten on the couch in front of ice skating, slope style, moguls, and all of those other wonderfully wintery sports. The only good thing about the Winter Olympics ending? It means the Summer Olympics - and GYMNASTICS - is now only around two years away.
6. Post-its. Another Organizational Suite feature, I've been loving using these little things recently. Oftentimes, I will write my on-the-go to-do list on a small post-it and attach it to the back of my phone, ready to come along with me for my errands. I've also been using them in my planner and journals as well. I do want to add the full-adhesive variety into my routine, though, because right now I'm just using the classics.
7. My Fitbit! I think I'm soon going to put together a post discussing everything I love about my Fitbit Flex, so be on the lookout. For now, I'll address all of those asking me how I like it by saying I'm in absolute LOVE with it. It's a great motivational tool, that is for sure.

Tell me: what have you been loving this month? I'm looking to change up some of my current products in the near future. My sister has already sold me on the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. Have you tried this product? Did you like it? Spill!

6 comments:

siddathornton said...

Hello! I'm a regular reader but not a regular commenter. Sorry that February has seemed a drag for you; hope March is more uplifting! Just wanted to say that I spur-of-the-moment bought the cg outlast 3 in 1; I love it. Better than Clinique, which I was using before. Good luck :) finding the perfect makeup is hard.

siddathornton said...

Those are my favorite pens. :) I have a TON of them too! Is this your first time watching SATC? How far along are you? I enjoyed the show, but didn't come to love it until the fourth season. The season finale of season four and all the seasons that come after are my favorites.

Good luck finding a new foundation. I switch between my usual MAC Matchmaster foundation and the Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream. I want to try the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation and the Tarte Clay Full Coverage Foundation. I tend to stick to high end foundations because I'm particular about my foundations and I like that I can have a make-up artist test it out on me before I buy it, but I have heard fantastic things about that CoverGirl foundation. I've actually thought about checking it out. :)

siddathornton said...

Post it notes are one of my favorite things ever and I just discovered the full adhesive ones, best ever. Who doesn't love the Winter Olympics! I think that Russia did wonderfully in their Opening and Closing ceremonies and well...some things could have been avoided in other areas.

siddathornton said...

Ahhhh, I miss the Olympics so much, just reading your comment made me miss them even more. I've got to get those full adhesive sticky notes, ASAP! I think I'll love them.

siddathornton said...

It was indeed my first time watching SATC all the way through - we finished right before I wrote this post. I liked the show, but I love the movies way more - maybe that's because I saw the movies first? I dunno.


I want to try the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation too. I have heard SUCH great things about it. I absolutely LOVE the CoverGirl foundation I mentioned, but I bought a shade too dark for my skin tone right now. I need to go pick up another one. I found it at Wal Mart for $10, which is a great bargain!

siddathornton said...

Hi! :) So glad to have you as a reader and that you've now commented! I picked up the CoverGirl foundation, and I absolutely love it! I got a shade too dark, though, so I'm going to have to go get another one. I'll be able to use the darker one this summer, though, luckily.

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...