Thursday, December 19, 2013

songs from wilmington: christmas edition.



Nothing compares to a newly-minted playlist. I repeat, nothing. I haven't been the best at posting my playlists around here lately, but that's set to change, starting right now. Because there's no time like the present. And there's no present greater than music [see what I did there?]. But, in all honesty, music - and more specifically, the intentional arranging of specific songs meant for a specific mood and/or memory - is like a warm cozy blanket I like to wrap myself up in, every time a new season comes around. So today, I am sharing with you my Christmas playlist. Rather than list out all 214 tracks [that's 12 hours worth of music, folks], I decided I'd simply share my favorites out of all the albums that appear on the list.

FOR EMMA, FOREVER AGO | bon iver
WOODLAND | the paper kites
YOUNG NORTH | the paper kites
FIGURE 8 | elliott smith
A VERY SHE & HIM CHRISTMAS | she & him
CHRISTMAS | michael buble
SNOWED IN | hanson
MOUNTAINTOPS | mates of state
CHRISTMAS IN THE AIRE | mannheim steamroller
CHRISTMAS WITH WEEZER | weezer
RED | taylor swift

What are you listening to for the season?
Listen to my Christmas 2013 playlist here.

photo taken in Nashville, Tennessee in December 2013 at the Omni Hotel

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

I have the She & Him and Michael Buble albums...love them!!

siddathornton said...

I actually haven't listen to any holiday songs really, I haven't been too much in the holiday spirit. Hopefully that changes soon. xx

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...