Wednesday, October 23, 2013

on the glory of normalcy.



I don't think you can ever really understand the stress & busyness & pulled-in-multiple-directions-ness of returning to school as an adult until you are living it. [And I know it would be much more difficult if I were living in Shreveport, surrounded by family & friends & lovely, fun things to do]. It is challenging, but rewarding. It's a time in my life that is difficult now, but that I know I will look back on fondly, as a time when I was completely exerting myself mentally, physically, emotionally, & scholastically. It's a blessing. It really is.

And oh, how I will treasure those years of rise, coffee, work, sleep! Oh, how I will treasure the normalcy. Just like I treasured the normalcy of working Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:30 after working on the copy desk at the paper. A return to normalcy is glorious. But, alas, to return to normalcy, you must first be catapulted out of it. 

I'm probably not yet on the upswing - I'm more than likely still high in the arc after being shot out of the cannon. But I know that - eventually - I'll be sailing back toward stability. Toward routine. Toward normalcy. And when it arrives, it will be greeted with open arms.

LSC

photo: a beautiful residence in savannah, georgia | from our trip in july 2013

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

I know it...only as a second party though. My husband quit his job in June 2012, we rented out our house and moved 6 hours away for him to work on his PhD. Originial plan was to be gone 1 year. We are going on year 2 with "hopeful" completion by Aug2014.


Believe me...Normal is joyous...and I'm so ready to get back to it...and be near family...although...with this path...we could be moving elsewhere...


You are doing a great thing...get it done while yo are young!!!When you are done...it will be worth it!

siddathornton said...

Sometimes, once you become an adult...finding out WHAT normal IS...is a huge thing in and of itself. :)
Random question- where did your blog name derive from?

Manda from Eat Cake

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...