Wednesday, August 7, 2013

little joys.



I love taking joy in the tiny details of life, so I thought today I'd share one such thing I'm really enjoying right now. These gold-detailed letters were one of the DIYs from our wedding: I made these, as cake toppers for our wedding cake. Right now, they are sitting in a glass jar on a table in our living room, & they bring me joy every time I look at them. The truth is, I really enjoy making things - especially things that will last for a long time. It's nice to have a daily reminder of our wedding in one of the most-used rooms of our apartment.

Speaking of DIYs, soon I'll be sharing one from my mom, as well as some projects I have on the docket for the near future. What are your favorite things to DIY? 

photo: j & l wedding cake topper \ nikon

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

This reminds me of the table number cards I made for our wedding last year. It was so simple, just cards of gold and purple paper that I had cut out and put together, but it was so fun to see the finished product and realize that it actually looked really good! They are all tucked away in a safe place. I can never throw them out. :)

siddathornton said...

there is something so satisfying about creating something - that feeling pushes me to want to do more!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...