Thursday, August 15, 2013

drugstore living: recent buys.


Today I'm sharing a little mini-haul with you. These items have been picked up over the course of a couple weeks, from both CVS & Wal-Mart. My all-time favorite drugstore is Walgreens, but I have to admit that the CVS ExtraCare Rewards Program is both rewarding & easy to use. I haven't gotten as acquainted with Walgreens' program, though, so I will check that out & report back to you.

As you can see, this haul includes a leave-in conditioner from Aussie, a shampoo & conditioner from L'Oreal, a nail polish from the Revlon Colorstay line, a Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm, & a package of cotton rounds. Only one of these things is a re-purchase - all of the other items are new-to-me, & I'm extremely excited to be trying them out. Let's start with discussing the re-purchase, since I know the most about it...

Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner | I'm about to begin my third bottle of this stuff, so I think that is saying something right there. Beyond that, this stuff is one of my favorite products because of its convenience & ease of use: simply spray it into either wet or dry hair, &... that's it. Not only does it smell amazing [like coconuts... or kind of like suntan lotion, in a good way], it also makes my hair more manageable, easier to comb through, & more shiny/healthy-looking. The bottle also lasts ages. Remember when I said that this was my third bottle? Well, I started using this product in 2011. That's not very many re-purchases for that time frame. This product will always be an A in my book. I hope they never stop making it. Because if they do, I will cry.

L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo + Intense Nourishing Conditioner | I can't remember which YouTube Beauty Guru told me about this stuff, because sometimes, I listen to beauty videos while I'm in the shower, & since I'm not watching the person as they talk, I will sometimes forget where/who I heard it from. But whoever mentioned this product, simply raved about it. [Come to think of it, it may have been leighannsays, but don't quote me on that]. I haven't yet tried this out, because I'm finishing up the shampoos & conditioner that are currently in my shower, but it smells amazing in the tube, & I'm really looking forward to testing out its supposed amazingness.

Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm SPF 20 in Cherry Me | I seriously can't even begin to tell you how many times I've picked this product up in the drugstore, intending to buy it, then talking myself out of it. It can't be that good, I'd say to myself. Why I was belly-aching so much over a product that costs $3.99, the world may never know. But since I picked it up a while ago, I can let you know that it IS that good. Everything that everyone is saying about the Baby Lips line is correct. It's hydrating, the ones with color give your lips that perfect, my-lips-just-naturally-look-this-amazing touch of color, & I can honestly say that the chappedness [definitely not a word, but you understand what I mean] of my lips has decreased dramatically. I plan to slowly collect each of the available varieties. I think the clear ones would be great to keep in my nightstand to apply before bed. 



Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Spanish Moss | Y'all. There is a reason this little baby has gotten its own photograph. I love this color. I love it so much, that this polish has been named my Signature Nail Polish for Late Summer/Early Fall. The first application, which I believe I painted on Sunday, has only minor chipping around the tips, mostly on my right hand. And when I say minor chipping, I mean you can barely tell it's there. This is my first experience with this formula, & the only drawback I've noticed is that, if applied too heavily, it can get a little gloppy & bubbly, which I found out when I painted my left hand first. On my right hand, I applied thinner coats & was pleased with the effect. With these polishes, I suggest painting two light coats. That did the trick for me. I didn't use a base coat or top coat, & it's pleasantly creamy & shiny, & as I said, it is definitely long-lasting. 



White Cloud Cotton Rounds, 100 Count | When I popped into Walmart the other day to pick up some cleaning supplies, I ran across a huge display of all different kinds of cotton rounds. As I had just run out of cotton balls, I thought I'd give these a try. When I compared the different brands & quantities, these came out as the best value. I've been using them to apply my witch hazel toner, & I'm pleased. As you can see in the photo, they are textured, & that aids in removing any stray makeup that may not have been removed when cleansing my face. 

I really enjoyed sharing my mini-haul/mini-review of these recent buys! I may do full reviews on some or all of these products in the future. Let me know if you'd like to know more about any of them. Also, what have you bought recently? Any suggestions for my next shopping trip?

Want to see more Drugstore Living posts? They're all here.

5 comments:

siddathornton said...

I hate (HATE HATE HATE) chapstick. And lipstick. And lip gloss. I just don't like any of it. Baby Lips though? I'm obsessed! I don't know why but it's got me hooked. I'm going to try out that leave in, too! I've got a Biolage leave in that I love, but I go through it quickly, so maybe this will slow down how often I'm purchasing!

siddathornton said...

I just bought that leave in conditioner a few weeks ago and I LOVE it, too! It's exactly what I've been looking for, and you're right, it smells awesome!

siddathornton said...

I am interested to hear how that shampoo and conditioner treats you. And awesome to hear that about the lip balm! I have more lip stuff than I care to think about that I used once and hated, so glad to hear it was a success. Will have to pick me up some. :)

siddathornton said...

Baby Lips is the best chapstick ever!

Jatin Sethi said...

overcome drug addiction without rehab
motivational quotes for addiction recovery

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...