Thursday, November 8, 2012

handwritten.

 in my october love list post, i mentioned a handwriting link-up that joelle of something charming is hosting this week [and i even hand-wrote my love list, too]. of course, i've been meaning to get my post up all week, but alas, here it is, thursday, & i'm just now getting around to it. every time i move, i always think it's going to be simple keeping up with blogging & getting my posts up, but to tell you the honest truth, it's just... not. but, i've promised myself that next week will be a better week on the blogging front, as i quite miss it.

anyway, enough about that, let's talk about handwriting: for as long as i can remember, i've loved handwriting. practicing my own, seeing what others' looks like, seeing if i can mimic a certain person's style. i'll never forget: in the second grade, there was a girl whose handwriting i absolutely adored. i also adored her, & i thought if i wrote just like her, i could be just like her. she always used short pencils with very dark, soft lead, & they were always extremely sharpened. no matter what i did, i couldn't write in her handwriting, even though i used short, sharp pencils with very dark, soft lead. i'll save the moral of that story for another day, but the point of this whole spiel is this: i love handwriting. 

so, here is a little sampling of mine...


i'm doing my best to get past the slightly blurry quality of these photos, but there you have it.

what does your handwriting look like? go link up with joelle & show everyone!


link-up: write it down & link it up \ something charming
photos: taken with iphone \ edited with pxlr express

ps - joelle is also hosting a giveaway to go along with all this handwriting awesomeness. go enter!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting!!!

And very pretty handwriting!

Kristen Victoria said...

LOVE! You have the cutest script - I want to download it and use it myself :)

Betsy Transatlantically said...

YAY married name :)

DJ said...

You do realize that you are now that girl with the short, sharp pencil with dark lead, right? Everyone wants your handwriting!

I was exactly like you when I was a kid - I thought I could be like the girl everyone liked if only I wrote like her. To this day, I get more excited when someone compliments my handwriting than I do when they compliment my looks/clothing/job performance/etc....

Allyssa said...

I love it! When I was in elementary school I used to practice writing like other people too!

Rima said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Can we call you LC now ;)

Kate said...

Love that Elliot Smith quote!

Kate said...

I love your handwriting! It looks like a font that you would purchase! And I like how you explained your writing in the passage- I dig the tail on your 'S's!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...