Tuesday, October 23, 2012

how i feel about the blogging community.

i've worried in the past that i'm becoming one of those people who are addicted to their phones and/or social media. there are times when i feel that pull - that compulsion - to look at my phone & consult instagram, twitter, email, or even facebook. at some points in my life, it's gotten a little bit out of hand. in order to combat this issue, i have instituted social media bans on myself before, with what i'd call satisfactory results. so i thought i was making progress, staying in control.

during the weeks of my wedding & honeymoon, in the few days i was free of the pull of all things internet-related, i realized that what i was feeling wasn't a compulsion for social media, but a genuine missing of the community of which i've been lucky enough to become a part. when i did get on twitter & instagram & saw words of congratulations from tina... & then melissa... & then eliza... & then joelle - and then so many more of you - i realized i was missing the blogging community like i would miss a friend. and i have to say: i love that.

the inspiration, comfort, & ease that this wonderful, creative - and mind-bogglingly large - group of people offers up to me is immeasurable. so, simply consider this a word of thanks.

thank you.


photo: a night of blogging \ instagram

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I know the feeling!!! I always say to myself "I'm on this thing way too much" but I have fun! And it's not ALL the time.. I just deleted my Facebook less than a week ago and I brought it back ONLY because I couldn't play song pop... get on Pinterest... AND Get Glue! UGH!! So I just removed all my family :) LOL

tiff said...

I completely understand! The blogging community is like a bonus set of friends! You miss them when they aren't there.

Tiffany:)
lifeofalostmuse.blogspot.com

Nikell said...

I know how you feel. I feel that way with Polyvore. (^_^)

Tina Byland said...

We do have a community, don't we? I wouldn't still be blogging if it weren't for the friends I have made! :) but getting away is important. ;)

Melissa said...

I feel the same way! This weekend, we each planned a fun day and we're ditching the phones. We're going to check them when we go to bed each night, and that's it. It will be a nice break - but I know I'll miss chatting with everyone and seeing what is going on.

So glad that I got to congratulate you, and that we've become bloggy friends. Now get started on those wedding recaps!! I can't wait to see them :)

ellalogy said...

Hi Lauren! I randomly stumbled upon your blog and I had to follow it and tell you how much I'm loving it. You're a good writer, you're relatable (I'm a newlywed myself) and I love your "currently" posts! The idea of a social media ban is a good one I think... for me it's especially helpful about an hour before bed! Thanks for the read, and I look forward to more soon!

x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...