Friday, June 1, 2012

friday's fancies #32 + friday's letters.

friday's fancies #32: white hot wedding shower.



my sweet friend & bridesmaid laura & her mother are hosting a bridal shower
for me tomorrow, so i was so excited to see that this week's theme
for friday's fancies is rockin' the white! with today being the first day
of the official summer months, i don't think {av} could have chosen wiser!

to be prepped & ready for the shower tomorrow, i am catching an early flight to shreveport today -
so i am praying for safe, quick travels, & i am brimming with excitement to land in my hometown! 

i put together a sweet little ensemble that, were budgets no object, i would gladly don to the festivities.

in real life, i am wearing a beautiful yellow dress, but i have to admit i am completely smitten with this cream lace alice + olivia number. how appropriate for the bride to wear white, no? carrying on with the vintage feel of the lace dress, i chose these kendra scott carmella earrings in mint. i think they add just the right amount of festive flair, & look perfect paired with this alexis bittar 'smoky dust' bangle. i adore the soft hues of this look, so i went with a muted, yet crisply-detailed valentino wallet to tote my minimal belongings. who needs a big bag when attending their own bridal shower? for a picture-perfect pout, i'd slather on a generous layer of this yves saint laurent rouge pur couture in shade thirty-eight. i don't really think you can go wrong with a pink lip. with fingertips & toes coated with a healthy dose of opi's cult favorite, bubble bath, i'd be ready for mimosa-sipping & every other lovely thing that comes along with shower frivolity! can you tell i'm excited for this event?

dear self, please don't stress too much about traveling today. sit back, relax, listen to music, & read your nook. the trip will be worth the days you'll get to spend with your friends & family! dear justin, i will miss you while i'm gone, but i hope you have a relaxing few days to yourself. i wish you were coming in town with me! dear laura & mrs. wendy, thank you so much for putting together a gathering for me - i am so, so excited for my first wedding shower, & i positively cannot wait to visit with you both! dear friends, similarly, i cannot wait to visit with all of you! thank you for taking the time to come celebrate my impending wedding. dear motivation, thank you so much for returning! i've been doing so much better with eating right & working out, & it's really starting to pay off. dear skin, why must our relationship be so volatile? you're clear & pretty one day, blotchy & spotted the next. let's work together to facilitate a more consistent appearance, ok? dear fifty shades trilogy, i've really enjoyed my time with you, but it is about to come to a close. don't worry - i will write about you again on my blog soon. dear readers, i am starting my very own, monthly linkup in june! it goes live on wednesday, & i do hope you'll consider joining in! i know it will start off slow, but if you're a lover of books & music, please do participate! more details coming soon. i'm excited. dear justin, thank you for encouraging me to begin said link up, as well as helping to seriously brainstorm for it. you're truly awesome, & i honestly have no idea what i'd do without your encouragement & support. dear june, i'm ready to make you the best month yet of 2012!

Photobucket


link ups:
friday's fancies on {long distance loving}
friday's letters on adventures of newlyweds

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So pretty and feminine, I love the color of those earrings!
xo,
E

Chris said...

Have so much fun at your bridal shower! Enjoy!

Chris
chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

Simply Splendid LOVE said...

I love this lace dress. I got a lace dress for my bridal luncheon. I'm sure you will look super cute in your yellow dress. Have fun at your bridal shower!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful outfit. Those Kendra Scott earrings are my favorite and go perfectly with your outfit.

{kayleigh nikolai} said...

I love this outfit! It is beautiful and girly...it would be PERFECT for a bridal shower! I love how you added the pastel elements with the bracelets and earrings!

Alissa said...

Looking forward to your link up!

How is it June already? I'm 100% okay with it, though.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

ahh, such a pretty dress!!
xxoo, ashley {a {little} dash of ash}

Ashley said...

What kind of link up are you planning?

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

stopping over from fridays letters! what a beautiful collage you made! i love all the pale colors!!

TGIF!

im hosting a OPI & ESSIE Nail Polish Giveaway on my blog! check it out!

xo Kelly

Alyssa said...

My skin has been crazy too! I don't know what's going on but it's driving me nuts!

Nikelljavascript:void(0) said...

Love the look! It's so feminine and pretty! Congrats on your link up too. (^_^)

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Angie said...

Beautiful dress and I love the bangles! Enjoy your day tomorrow! Angie

Sarah said...

I am always afraid to wear a white dress because I think it looks a little too 'stuck up' but you assuaged my fears & made it look SO cute!! Love it!

Allison @ In the Queen City said...

LOVE that dress.. so prefect for a wedding shower! Have a great time!

Lissa @ her + him said...

great, great picks above! you have such fantastic taste!

so anthro said...

This outfit is seriously lovely, I think one of my favorites of this week!! Hope you had a fantastic time at your shower!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...