Friday, March 23, 2012

friday's fancies #24: gators' sweet sixteen.


for this week's friday's fancies, a link-up hosted by {av} on {long distance loving}, we set out to create a look to that puts our favorite sweet sixteen teams' colors on display.

since florida made it to this round of march madness this year - and they happen to be justin's very favorite team, ever - i thought i would pay homage to the gators with my look!

friday's fancies #24: gators' sweet sixteen.



though i'm willing to bet that justin & i will be enjoying the games this weekend from the comfort of our couch, if we were to attend either a game itself or a viewing party at a friend's, i would be thrilled to slip on these duds in preparation. this miss selfridge coral tie front dress is easy breezy, & with its requisite coloring, we have one of our florida gators bases covered. to complete the hue duo, i'd carry this absolutely gorgeous tory burch robinson chain bag. with our gator palette satisfied, now we can have fun with the accesories! the le silla tan and emerald crystal embellished platform sandals are fun & give a playful nod to the beginning of spring. they aren't matchy-matchy, which complements the casual vibe of the frock. the ray-ban folding wayfarer sunglasses, as well as the etoile isabel marant chloe cardigan, ground this outfit & dress it down a bit, which i think would be key for attendance to a sporting event. the trish mcevoy beauty emergency card for lips in be prepared pink indulges my cosmetics addiction, & is just pure & simple fun. all in all, the perfect combo to cheer on the gators!


link-up: friday's fancies on {long distance loving}

18 comments:

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

That's right!! Go Gators!

Megan said...

Cute dress! I have to admit, I wish it were my team that had played tonight instead of the Gators! We lost in the first round, otherwise we would have played Florida last weekend. Sigh....

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

i need that bag like woah!

Happy weekend!

dash said...

Haha, how funny! We used the same dress. :) I went to UTexas. Not too many attractive burnt-orange dresses, I suppose.
xoxo,
dash

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Eveeen though Florida messed my brackets up pretty badly, I love your outfit, haha. and I love that you are rocking a dressy gameday outfit like I am!

Unknown said...

I am LOVING that Tory Burch bag! so so cute!! xoxo, morgan

Rachel said...

Go Gators! Love your dress choice here! Have a great weekend!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

You had me at hello with that cobalt blue Tory Burch bag!! I die. ;) Love all of your picks.

We put together a black & gold outfit for our VCU Rams. We'd love for you to stop by & check it out!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Val Fox said...

I love tie front blouses, it's so neat that this one is part of a dress! Great color too!

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Ahhh I am in love with that Tory bag!! Perfect way to incorporate the blue into the ensemble! Cincinnati got knocked out last night :( It was heartbreaking, and I don't even like sports lol

Unknown said...

all pieces seem 2 be so cozy and feminine;) I deffo luv it!

http://helendushko.blogspot.com/

Nikell said...

Those sandals are to live for!!!

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Laura said...

Ooooh i love that tory clutch..and i'm a badgers fan-- but i needed florida to beat marquette in my bracket, so thanks ;)

oomph. said...

love the lip colors in that palette! the perfectly accent the dress!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

I REALLY REALLY love that dress!

Clare C. Whitaker said...

GREAT dress, I really love the color! I am cheering for orange and blue as well, but on a Northern track...Syracuse for champions! I hope had a good week and are enjoying your weekend!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Love the shoes and the bag!

Sarah said...

So cute - I am so jealous that you get to come up with something as fun as this! UMD wasn't even close to the action this year, so I'm jealous that you get to make an outfit!

Hope your weekend was fabulous!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...